The five things I decided to change in the sample powerpoint were:
1) maintained an identical background for every slide to create a cohesive and streamlined presentation
2) font: large, bold font to improve legibility
used colour that complimented the slides and was easily read
3) included pictures to emphasize key points
4) simplified into bullet points to give a clear and concise visual presentation that complemented the narrative that would accompany it.
5) used more slides to categorize the topics being discussed, and labeled the topics with headers.
Here's where you can view it: