Thursday, September 10, 2009

Skype Hype

Hey, this is Allison. I'm currently in PSI in the education program at the University of Lethbridge. I already have a degree in Fine Arts with a major in Jewellery and Metals. I studied at the Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary, Alberta. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the college, and hope to use the skills that I learned to make my own line of jewellery. At the same time, I also want to share my passion for art with others. This is why I've decided to become a teacher.

As a teacher, I will have to keep up to date with the changing technology. I recently discovered the use of "skype" on my laptop. I basically only use it for live video chats with my friends and relatives. I'm grateful for the fact that I am a newly converted mac user, because I already have a webcam and mic built into my laptop. It's a great feeling to know that I can communicate with my friends from a long distance, and yet still feel like I'm close to them. Originally I was going to use skype for a meeting that I would be unable to attend (at least in person), but now I think I will use it for everyday conversations with those who are normally long-distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment