The five things I decided to change in the sample powerpoint were:
1) maintained an identical background for every slide to create a cohesive and streamlined presentation
2) font: large, bold font to improve legibility
used colour that complimented the slides and was easily read
3) included pictures to emphasize key points
4) simplified into bullet points to give a clear and concise visual presentation that complemented the narrative that would accompany it.
5) used more slides to categorize the topics being discussed, and labeled the topics with headers.
Here's where you can view it:
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Hey, this is Allison. I'm currently in PSI in the education program at the University of Lethbridge. I already have a degree in Fine Arts with a major in Jewellery and Metals. I studied at the Alberta College of Art and Design in Calgary, Alberta. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the college, and hope to use the skills that I learned to make my own line of jewellery. At the same time, I also want to share my passion for art with others. This is why I've decided to become a teacher.
As a teacher, I will have to keep up to date with the changing technology. I recently discovered the use of "skype" on my laptop. I basically only use it for live video chats with my friends and relatives. I'm grateful for the fact that I am a newly converted mac user, because I already have a webcam and mic built into my laptop. It's a great feeling to know that I can communicate with my friends from a long distance, and yet still feel like I'm close to them. Originally I was going to use skype for a meeting that I would be unable to attend (at least in person), but now I think I will use it for everyday conversations with those who are normally long-distance.